Blogger Widgets

Friday 29 November 2013

Bangkok Trip 2013


Well hello. Finally got my ass down to blogging about this trip. Blame my laziness and CCAs and outings and homework and well... the list goes on and on. Went to Bangkok from 14-17 November and I was really thankful for the weather there because it wasn't really that hot when we were there. My flight to Bangkok was at 9a.m so I had to wake up at about 6 in the morning feeling extremely sleep deprived because I think I slept at 1 close to 2 the day. Took Tiger and nothing much really happened, although I almost died in the air because my nose was hurting so much due to the dry air in the sky. istg I can't take plane rides to save my life I am already dying at a 2-hour plane ride, imagine a 12-hour one omg.

On the plane!!!!


gamer brother










Maybe it's the window that sucked or maybe it's my brother, but my cloud pictures turned out like crap I'm so disappointed. 

Plane landed before estimated time and we had a hard time trying to get to the Airport Rail Link because I had absolutely no idea where to go. Stopped by 7-11 to get mineral water because I was dying of thirst and omg the mineral water there are sold at 14 baht each that is like 60cents??????? 


Also, the things there were arranged so neatly I am extremely amazed. 

Pictures I took on the train




I found it very cool that the train went from the rural part of Bangkok to the city area. Like as the train advances, you can slowly see the changes in settlements and such. 

Stayed at Asia Hotel which is literally just beside the BTS so yay. The only bad thing was that the hotel didn't provide free Wi-Fi so I almost died in Bangkok because it is damn bloody hard to find Wi-Fi there even their Starbucks didn't have Wi-Fi. 

Spent the first stay going around MBK and the Siam area as it was only a 10 minute walk away from the hotel. The things there are so over-priced I ended up not buying anything there. 



 Pepper Lunch for lunch! We were walking aimlessly around MBK in search of food and we just settled for Pepper Lunch because they were having some promotion and it tasted so good omg TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND SPAGHETTI.

Then we went to Black Canyon Coffee Cafe which is just beside Pepper Lunch anD THEIR COFFEE TASTES SO MUCH BETTER THAN STARBUCKS. It is so much cheaper too??? The mocha choc chip frappe only costs $3.20 there.

Left; Mocha Choc Chip Frappe
Right; Mocha Coffee with some ice cream 
Walked straight into a mall which up till now I still do not know the name, and plopped my ass right in the middle of the mall because my whole body was aching like mad after walking for the entire day.





We just walked and walked and we ended up at some night market outside Siam Centre. I'm not exactly sure what it's called but it's quite a big night market with all the stalls lined up along the streets. Their clothes are not exactly cheap, I think you can find cheaper ones at Chatuchak but it's the experience!!!

Went for dinner at some Japanese restaurant in Siam Center and their serving size was so small i finished it in 5 mouths. But I think one bowl was only for $2++ so I'm not complaining.

Look at the pathetic serving.




ha ha ha look at my failed attempt to take a full moon my dumb camera didn't want to cooperate with me
cute socks which were like 5 for $4. 
Okay so that basically summarised my day 1.

Woke up early and headed over to Pratunam Morning Market. It's like a wholesale market so you have to buy 3 pieces to get it at a cheaper price. It's just like a big-scale pasar malam but the things there are much more cheaper and nicer than the things in Singapore's pasar malam. I think I bought like half of what I got in Bangkok there. No pictures because I was just shopping. Took a tuktuk back to the hotel because we were lazy to walk back to wake my damn brother up before heading out for breakfast at Platinum Mall. We also shopped there but I didn't buy much because after going to pratunam everything else everywhere just seems so expensive.

Curry chicken rice + crepes for breakfast!!!!!!



I think it was $2 omG where to find such a cheap chicken thigh rice in singapore

Chocolate Banana Crepe

Oreo + Vanilla Ice Cream crepe
Their cold crepes tasted so elastic I had a hard time chewing the whole thing. And they added like a truckload of unsweetened whipped cream which just tasted horrible.

Went back to the hotel at 12 to meet my dad before going to Chester's Chicken at MBK. Let me just have a moment to say how good their chicken is their roasted spicy chicken was the bomb it was soft and tender and everything you would want to find in a chicken i am fEELING S EXCITED EVEN TYPING THIS. It was seriously the bomb KFC you better up your game. 




not a good picture buT LOOK AT THE CHICKEN JUST LOOK AT IT



 Went back to the hotel because dad was tired so he wanted to nap. I ended up playing Monopoly Deal with the annoying brother in our room before singing my lungs out to some songs that were playing on my phone I am so grateful the person next door didn't complain me.

look at the purple card u know u want it



Went to Chinatown for dinner after my dad woke up from his longass nap. SEAFOOD!!! The barbecued big prawns were the bomb thEY WERE FAT AND JUICY AND NOTHING LIKE THOSE DISGUSTING BIG PRAWNS YOU FIND IN SINGAPORE. 





Ok so this is what happened, I wanted to take a picture of every dish but the prawns was the first dish that was served and I had to peel them in order to eat them therefore my hands would get dirty that's why I gave up taking pictures. Anyway I had fried rice, noodles, seafood tomyam soup ((yumzzz)), crab omelette (??), and some other things which I forgot. See this is why pictures are important. 

Walked around Chinatown and bought like 2 huge bags of pork floss I am so done with my parents. 








they were so fresh and sweet!!!!!!





Had an early night because we were heading to Chatuchak the next day.

Woke up at 8? Had breakfast at the hotel which included fried rice + kueyteow + fried egg + potato cubes + cocktail sausages + meat patties + croissants + 2 toasts + scrambled eggs I was so bloated after the whole thing. 

Headed to Chatuchak at 10 and thank goodness the weather that day wasn't sunny so I wouldn't be perspiring throughout my whole walk at Chatuchak. 

Chatuchak is really big it's just rows after rows of shops that sold almost the same things. They also sold street food there as well but most street food = flies landed on it before SO. Had 2 servings of coconut ice-cream, but I couldn't help myself it was just so creamy and good and tasty and nice. The coconuts there are really sweet as well.

dr00ls
That's the only picture I took there because the rest of the time I was shopping. Arrived at about 11 and we left at 4. Unloaded our loots before heading to MBK for dinner at MK. 






qt 

cute flower ft random boy's hand + brother who urgently needs to save his moustache 
gamer 










serving #1


serving #2
serving #3
serving #4
serving #5


I was so full after that my stomach felt like it was going to combust.

Moped around MBK waiting for the food to be digested before going to Swensen's  for dessert. 




they have cool cups
Went back to the hotel to pack up a bit before sleeping. 

Loots from Chatuchak 





Woke up and had breakfast (fried rice + potato cubes + cocktail sausage + fried egg + 8 pancakes) the next day and I almost died from eating so many pancakes but they were so good so y0l9.

Went back to pack up whatever was left and checked out. Headed for the airport using the train and I was feeling really sad because I miss my pancakes.

single journey ticket
the airport rail link token


I can't stop making references to bangtan bcs they're bts as well whICH REMINDS ME BANGTAN IS IN BANGKOK RN SO WHAT IF BTS DECIDES TO RIDE THE BTS IT'S GOING TO BE A BTSCEPTION ok ignore me. They were at MBK yesterday I am so mad so mad so so mad. 

when will i ever see you;; 
I am so sorry for my awkward paragraphing in this post if there's one thing I can't do in life it's paragraphing I can't make my jump from one paragraph to another seem less awkward. 

I AM FINALLY DONE SUCH A LONG POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment